DAY 4: Places You Want To Visit


@pinterest - UCEAP

It was one typical noon - lying on my bed, basically doing nothing - when a travel video popped out on my Youtube suggested videos. 'Why not give this a sight?' but sounded more like an insistence for me to just click it, nothing else I'd do I thought. The video was recorded at Jerusalem during nights approaching - and until - Christmas and new year. One video led to another video, it was like a series. These videos were simple. There was no aesthetic shot, time-lapse of the city in the night captured from great height, or infographic about these sites they were visiting. There was only this one famous vlogger - known also as an actress in Indonesia - with her group viewing lots of places there. And as simple as it is, that made the video feel different. Honest and transparent. Happiness, awe, serene, and these feelings were deep. I was in tears. I made a promise: I will one day see myself having a step on this land.

As the title said 'places': plurality, I would love adding more. I purposely attached no photo for this second place, I just want to be free about this, there is no expectation about how it might look like or how grand or tiny it might be. There is one belief I hold that is correlated to this second place, a belief that in order to gain bigger changes, you have to be able to reach bigger audiences. A place in which I have been talking about is a place where there are mic and speaker provided, a stage, me, and most importantly listeners. I also need loudspeakers: media to publish and distribute and even reach more individuals. What will I do up there? We will see.

Last thing - could be the first thing - I want to visit is a place that could show me the reality of the world. Holiday or travelling, beach or city, hotel or villa, they sound satisfying. So satisfying that they would offer us the beauty of heaven, yet take away the reality that there still exists hell on this planet. Refugees, homeless people who live in extreme poverty, uneducated children who don't get the privilege of access to knowledge and information, and the fact is we still got a lot in the list. It will not be an ordinary visit I believe, it will be extraordinary.